Data Protection Policy
This document explains our policy in relation to personal data we collect and how we use and disclose such data.
The data we collect will generally include: names, identification numbers, addresses, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses and other personal or contact details. If you are a donor, we also collect financial information to enable your donation to be processed.
We will collect, use or disclose your personal information only with your consent; in most cases, we will ask for your consent explicitly but, in some cases, we may infer consent from your actions and behaviour. In particular, we infer consent if you voluntarily provide personal data to us for a purpose.
By disclosing personal data to us, you are consenting to us using and disclosing your personal data in accordance with this data policy. If you do not agree to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data in this way, please do not provide us with such data.
If we intend to collect information for any special purpose, we will inform you of this purpose and seek your consent before collecting such information.
Generally, we may use your personal data:
- in furtherance of the purpose for which it was given to us;
- to communicate with you, in particular, to respond to your queries or comments;
- in connection with activities in which you may have chosen to take part;
- to contact you regarding opportunities to take part in activities;
- to improve our services and your experience on our website;
- to issue informative newsletters or other information;
- for any purposes permitted by law.
Disclosure of your personal data
We may disclose your personal information to:
- a third party who may need to communicate with you in connection with your enquiry or in relation to any activity in which you are engaging (e.g., if you are a donor, we may disclose relevant information to our bank in order to process your donation);
- law enforcement or government authorities where they have followed due legal process to request us to disclose the information;
- third party providers of services, such as data processing.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns about how we handle your personal data, then you may contact us at [email protected]
If you so wish, you may inform us that you:
- do not want to be contacted in the future by us;
- would like us to correct, update, or delete your personal data in our records;
- wish to report any misuse of your personal data.
Changes to our Data Policy
We may change this Data Policy from time to time by posting an updated version on our website.